Monday, September 19, 2011

Tarantula

Snakes on my porch make me jump, but tarantulas just give me the creeps.  I'm not a fan of spiders, although I do love my big garden spiders that weave the most beautiful webs and eat the harmful bugs.  But big, hairy tarantulas are another story.  I did not have to have a personal encounter with one today, but one did cross the road in front of my car this afternoon.  He strode right across the black top lifting those big hairy legs like a goose-stepping soldier.  It is amazing how fast a tarantula can travel on those stilt like legs.  This one was dark, maybe black with a reddish body.  I swerved to miss him.  No need to bother him on his way to his supper.  I'm just glad that he was headed away from my house!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. ~Author Unknown