Thursday, September 8, 2011

How About This Weather

Love the weather today - still in the 70's.  Grandma actually had to wear a jacket to work yesterday!  The garden, or what is left of it after the ravages of this summer of extreme heat, is barely going.  A few peppers hang sadly on the plants; tiny things compared to the big, plump peppers I expected.  The eggplant is doing fine.  It took the heat and is still going.  If you haven't tried eggplant, I would suggest the Japanese varieties (you can find them at Farmers Markets).  Peel them, slice them and stir fry them with some onion and dill.  Top with Parmesan cheese and you have a quick lunch or side dish.  Think I'll go to the garden and pick some - I've made myself hungry!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. ~Author Unknown